Enrolling Your Child

How you manage your child's enrollment depends on when you join the district. If your child has at least a few months before kindergarten begins, you may want to visit the district's Web site to see if they have a "kindergarten round-up" or similar event scheduled, usually in the spring before the student starts school.

If your child is older, he or she is starting school in the middle of the year, or both, your best bet is to contact the school directly.


Be prepared to go through your filing cabinet for the papers you'll need ahead of time. A student must be enrolled by the student's parent, guardian, or another person with legal control of the student.

You should bring these documents:

  1. Your driver license or other proof of identity
  2. The child's birth certificate or other proof of identity
  3. A copy of the child's records from the school the child most recently attended if he or she has previously enrolled in a school
  4. A record showing that the child has the immunizations required or proof that the child is not required to be immunized
  5. Proof of address, such as a utility bill




Enrolling Your Child (pdf)